Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Epic Valentines Day - Seriously

So Valentines Day took an interesting turn and put Hannah in the hospital.  I built the new Cinestar 6 for filming aerial shots and was running some tests inside.  For the tests I was doing, the propellers have to be on, so I had Hannah hold the Cinestar down while I ran the motors.  Some setting was drastically off and the cinestar ripped through two wooden chairs and sliced Hannah's arm : (  Neither of of were expecting that to happen, and I'm not new to this programing, so it was a freak accident.  Her arm was sliced by the propeller and swelled up huge, so I took her to the ER.  It turns out her arm is not broken, but just needed five stitches.  I've known these helicopters were dangerous, but last night we really witnessed their power.
Hannah's arm will heal and the Cinestar settings are now adjusted correctly, so we're back in business.  This was a Valentines Day we will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!! It may not have been a romantic Vday, but a remembered one none the less. :) Hope Hannah heels quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete