Thursday, November 10, 2011

Barrett Closing Down

Well, I'm in a weird position right now.  Barrett is closing down and moving all of their employees to Brainerd, Minnesota where InterMedia Outdoors (IMO) is located.  I'm just freelancing right now, so I don't know if I'm going to still have a job.  I'm kind of liking the freelancing gig and have found out about a lot of other companies that hire freelance videographers, so I'm sure there's still a lot of work out there for me if Barrett doesn't work out.  I guess there might still be a full time job open at IMO, but they might want me to be in Minnesota.  Who knows?  I've been thinking more about starting up my own show.  I have all of the equipment and have learned how things run at Barrett, so I don't think it's out of my realm.   I also want to fly my octocopter a lot and start contracting that.  Lots of companies are starting to use them, so the demand is rising and the money is great.  What do I do?  I'm young and can gamble, so maybe I should just keep working on my own thing.  If I get tied down to a full time job then I wont have time to work on my own stuff, I wont make as much money, and its hard for any of the videographers to hold a good relationship with their loved ones.  The full time job does have benefits, it's consistent work/pay check, and great experienced, so it would be hard to turn that down.  Oh, the choices in life!  Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment